The Specialized Honours BA Program in Digital Media is an innovative interdisciplinary degree that links Fine Arts and Computer Science.
First-year Digital Media students may take the following courses:
- Programming for Digital Media
- Building Interactive Systems
- Music in the City and Anatomy of the Feature Film
- Introduction to Sets & Logic
- Introduction to Communications
- CyberCities: The Community and Communication in Changing Urban Areas
Students applying to the Specialized Honours BA Program in Digital Media have the choice of being in either the Faculty of Fine Arts or the the Lassonde School of Engineering. While the required core courses for all Digital Media students are the same, students in the different Faculties may choose different elective courses in accordance with their interests.
All applicants must submit an application to the York University: Fine Arts - Digital Media (BA) program on the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC) website.
Admission is based on academic criteria. As a guide, the average required for admission to the BA in Digital Media in recent years has been in the mid 70s (a B/B+ average) for high school students and C+/B for current university/college students. One 4U Math with a minimum grade of 75% is also required for high school applicants.
Additional Program Information:
Have more questions about the application or evaluation process for this program? Want to know more about your next steps? Ask us at email@example.com
Come and Meet Us
- Meet us at the Ontario Universities Fair, Sep 19-21
- Visit us at the York U Fall Campus Day on Nov 8
- If you haven't already, book a tour of our facilities
- Check out our public events and performances taking place throughout the season
Apply for Scholarships
York University and the Faculty of Fine Arts offer an array of scholarships for incoming students. In addition to Fine Arts Talent Awards valued at $1000, scholarships are available based on academic performance or by application. For more information, visit York's Admissions website.
Wondering what you can do with a degree in Fine Arts? Find out more about your career options.